Tuesday 19 August 2014

"Jimma Dinners" Part One

One thing I can count on when coping with my Coeliac Disease is the support from my family. They're all AMAZING. Not only do I have my Coeliac partner in crime my sister Lucie, my Mom always cooking my favourite meals and taking me on those infamous Chip Stop trips but whilst I'm living in Cardiff I also have my big sister Jemma and brother-in-law Jim who quite frankly need to open their own bloody restaurant. I'm extremely lucky that they live down the road from me and even luckier that every week they cook me some incredible gluten free meals.
The more regular these became we had a play on their names and we have termed these weekly meals my "Jimma Dinners". They deserved a post so here is the first of many!

After our trip to Vegas, which was for none other than their wedding and has a post coming soon, I was pining after gluten free burgers. So one week Jimma surprised me with their own take on the classic American 'In 'N Out' Burger, their gluten free version: 'Jim 'N Out' !


This next picture speaks for itself, it was SO YUMMY! I never wanted it to end!

The buns were Genius, the burger patties were home made from beef mince and the chips were Sainsbury's own French fries (which cost like £1, bargain!)

Another thing I've been pining after pretty much since diagnosis is IKEA hot dogs. I mean not only is it a genius idea to have a hot dog stand right before the exit of your shop, luring in tired IKEA expeditionists, hungry from their trek through the furnishing wilderness BUT, THEY ARE SO DAMN TASTY! Nothing quite compares and I swear some people go to IKEA for the sole purpose of having one of those hot dogs!
So one evening, prior to Jimma Dinner, we took our own trip there and found that in their shop freezers (because they also have their own supermarket now) that you can buy THE hot dog sausages AND they are gluten free! I'm delighted.
Teamed up with a 'Free From' baguette from Asda, these beauties were born... and... very short lived!

OK so the Jim's don't always fill me with American food, they're actually probably the reason I've remained healthy during University, so in my next Jimma Dinners post I will include the healthier meals they have treated me to!
But for now I shall leave you all as I'm sure you're in the middle of changing your current plans and finding your ways to your nearest IKEAs!
Bon Apetit!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment