Thursday 23 October 2014

"Jimma Dinners" Part Two

My stomach has never been so happy.
My sister and brother in law went and did it again with an absolutely fantastic gluten free meal that I NEED to share with you.
Don your sombreros and crack out the tequila, were having Mexican.
Let's be honest, these guys knew what they were doing when it came to food, there are so many amazing dishes to be had and the best part of it is, most authentic Mexican food uses corn instead of wheat!
So the Jim's, being awesome human beings, decided to utterly spoil me and buy some soft corn flour tortillas from Wholefoods in London, so that when I next came round we could have tacos!
It was a hell of a feast to say the least, complete with amusing chalk board menu gag:


And just take a look at that spread!

We had slow cooked pulled chicken with chipotle seasoning, picante, a range of sauces including salsa, guacamole, nacho cheese and sour cream, lettuice, grated cheese and even a fresh slice of lime each.
Here are some of my creations (albeit rather messy ones, but that's half the fun!):





I'm only a beginner so my tacos are far from aesthetically pleasing but the important thing is they tasted incredible!
All in all it was an absolutely fab meal. Soooo tasty and super filling.
I hadn't had tacos before this for at least a year and that was only because me and my sister were lucky enough to find a place in American that served corn flour tortillas whilst we were on holiday there! So its great to know that the meal is actually easily achievable a lot closer to home.
Thank you Jimma!

No comments:

Post a Comment