Thursday 6 November 2014

Monthly Favourite: DOUGHNUTS

YES YOU READ CORRECTLY.
THE WAIT IS OVER.
GLUTEN FREE DOUGHNUTS FINALLY EXIST.
Ok before I go on I just need to mention that I have an ongoing debate in my mind about how to actually spell doughnuts!? I've always gone for 'doughnuts' (as I have used in this post) but now I keep seeing the spelling 'donuts' everywhere?! If you have any serious issue with my choice of spelling then I am sorry but somebody needs to hurry up and decide which one is right?!
ANYWAY back to the point:
I think I started this blog at the perfect time because in the last few months SO much exciting food has been introduced to the gluten free world. And now somebody, who can only be described as a culinary genius, has finally blessed us all with gluten free doughnuts.
Once again I am lucky enough that my sister, otherwise known as my Coeliac partner in crime, bought us some to sample!
I have the best sisters ever, right?!
So I have tasted the food of the Gods and my oh my, they were heavenly indeed.
We can all agree, this has been a long time coming. I have been teased on several occasions by rumours such that Krispy Kreme were launching gluten free doughnuts but every time I was only lead to disappointment and to be frank, that is just not a nice trick to play on a Coeliac.
Food is the way to our hearts after all, don't break them.
But alas we need wallow no more! Gluten free doughnuts are a thing of the now.
Here's a couple of them that we had:


They are a proper doughnut size, no scrimping was done here and they are really fluffy! I wish I could describe to you how they tasted but the English vocabulary just doesn't have enough superlatives to do them justice. Lets just say they really did not disappoint. Even the smell (you know, we all know the warm doughnut smell) was just how I remembered it! Admittedly these don't look as sugary as the pictures on the website, and they probably weren't, but if that is an issue there's no issue with sprinkling a bit more sugar on yourself!
If you are interested (and why wouldn't you be?!) my sister bought them from here: http://www.glutenfree-direct.co.uk/feel-free/frozen/feel-free-donuts. If they become available from anywhere else I shall update this post but for now this is the website I'm aware of. I'll also put a direct link to the whole website because they have a lot more awesome food up for grabs: http://www.glutenfree-direct.co.uk/.
I've only come across plain doughnuts for now, but it had been around four years since my last doughnut full stop so I'm not going to be picky just yet (then again if the future holds jam doughnuts, then its a future I am very much looking forward to!)
Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment